Tuesday 7 June 2016

First Draft of Video Installation


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fd7zVlWFdk

My first draft of my video installation helped me alot as it meant i could receive feedback about what i could improve before i finish shooting and finish my final edit. From what i was told i need to try and draw more attention to the writing upon the girls face as it is easy to wonder off with your eyes around the shot. As there was alot of lighting in the background of my piece, you would be more drawn to the house in the background then the subject in the foreground. This is not what i wanted. This means that i have to either re-shoot or fix up in post production. Re-shooting in my opinion would be better as when tweaking lighting and colour whilst editing can sometimes take the feeling from the piece as it may seem artificial and that is not what i want.

I also found that the paint i was using for my writing doesn't come out as clear as i would like it too. Now i know that when i shoot more clips or reshoot the current i have to find something different to write with or add another lay to darken the writing.

Something else i also took away was the effect of the close up of the subject. With the close up, you are able to see more of the features in the subjects face which also adds to the effect of the writing as i have gone with writing feelings on the face so you can tell the mood of the subject.

I also came to the conclusion that i will need to shoot more clips then i had already planned due too the fact once edited together i found them to be quite short.

No comments:

Post a Comment